Communique - Vol 133
December's Rank Advancements
Jacqueline Cassidy - Tricia Mullins
Ashley Anderson - Kayla Perkinson
Megan Riggs - Sarah Rodriguez - Amanda Paulson
- Jessamy Rose Sevilla - Jennifer Young
- Alyssa Guidice - Jordan Garner
- Grace Lane - Heather Lunnemann
- Jenna Buchanan - Tamara Quaglino
- Stephanie Bailey - Michelle Mapes
- Melissa Watts - Marsha Richards
- Vanessa Young - Jennifer Baggatt
Amie's Jewels of Wisdom
A special message from Amie to help you have a successful Year
Having a Teachable Spirit
Being Teachable ALL the time
Developing a teachable attitude should be at the top of your self-development plan because everything else is directly related to how teachable you are, how open you are to new information. You cannot grow if you are not willing to change or adapt, to accept any new perspectives/new paths in life. Not all habits are good; some are bad and you will need to make a decision to change in order to succeed or fail.
After you learn something new, it is very important to use that knowledge, to ACT – incorporating that knowledge into your life/business. Learning is great, but learning without action can bring a great amount of overwhelming feelings that never help.
What Does it Mean to be Teachable?
Teachability is not a talent or something that you’re born with. Being teachable is a choice and a desire that everyone can learn. We all have the ability to learn different skills in life/business. Some skills will come easier for you, while others will be a pain in the butt, but you have the ability to learn anything you set your mind to if you are persistent and open to it!
This might be hard to hear, but your level of teachability might dictate your level of happiness and success. Why? Because, to become successful in the business of Direct Sales, you have to constantly work on keeping up with the latest information and technology. But you can only become as successful as your level of teachability.
If you stay in the mindset of being teachable you will create lasting success because you’re constantly working on learning new stuff, you’re constantly working on growing yourself and your business, which then allows you to achieve success. If you choose to stop learning, you are not actually standing still, you are going backwards because you are no longer moving forward.
How Can You Tell if You are Teachable or Not
It’s pretty easy to tell if you (or someone) is open to learning new information.
So you are teachable if you:
are aware of your strengths and weaknesses
accept that others opinion might be better than yours
learn from criticism and failure
take responsibility for your failures and seek lessons to learn
read books and seek answers
focus on solutions
take note, be aware, learn from other’s mistakes – this is the next level!
love getting out of your own comfort zone
love trying something new
admit when you’re wrong
be open to doing things in a totally different way
be confident in changing your routine and/or habits
have a mentor / accountability partner
ask questions and have a curious attitude
be aware that you don’t know everything and are open to learning
At the end of the day, it all comes down do these two questions:
1. What are you willing to give up to learn something new?
2. Are you willing to spend time to learn something new?
So, just ask yourself if you are willing to give up watching your favorite TV Show or whatever you love doing every day in order to learn a new skill?
Ways to Make Sure You Keep Your Teachability Index High
1. Reflect Upon Your Daily Activities
Probably the best way to make sure you keep a teachable attitude is to take 5-10 minutes every night to reflect upon your daily activities. An exercise that I do is write down a quick list of what I did, then evaluate the outcome... was it:
This gives an overview of your day and then enables you to improve in the areas needed. When you do this exercise, start small – just 3 things you did for your business (but don’t review the same thing day after day, review new things in order to grow). You will soon find yourself being more aware of the daily tasks you do to grow your business and, you will discover ways to improve the “worse” and do more of the “better”.
The 1099 forms will be emailed this year by 1/31/18 to the email address we have on your consultant account. Please make sure we have your most updated email address. You can verify and update your email address by going to your backoffice under my account.
- Virtual Party Transfer - Make sure you are emailing in any requests for Virtual Party Transfers to our Experience Team at firstname.lastname@example.org and please title the email "Virtual Party Transfer" so our can catch these and make the changes. We understand these can be time sensitive and we want to make sure we are able to change them before the VP's close.
- 3 new videos have been added to the backoffice. What type of Consultant are you? Whether you're a Personal Shopper, Hobbyist, Influencer, Team Builder, or Business Builder you will will enjoy this training from our VP of Consultant Development, Amie Larson. https://resources.gemstra.com/home1/video-what-type-of-consultant-are-you-1
- Do you need any new tips or tricks for this new years make-up trend? Click on the link to see a few recommendations from Pulse Cosmetics. https://resources.gemstra.com/home1/pulse-2018-makeup-trends
Book Your Coaching Call
Are you ready to grow and take your business to the next level? Book your one-on-one Coaching Call with our Field Development Manager, Karen Braas-Johnson. Karen has 16 years of Direct Selling Experience and is here to work with you where you are and where you want to go!
To book your call you must …
1. SERIOUSLY want to grow your business forward with increased PQV and/or a desire to advance in rank.
2. Have completed your Consultant Onboard Training
3. Held your Launch Party plus at least two additional parties
4. Report back to your Upline Leader with your plan to implement the goals that you established in your Coaching Call.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
BOOK 1: Consultant Onboarding! We have a strong vision to provide fun, flexibility, and freedom to independent Consultants everywhere. Our vision is to grow digital first entrepreneurs, offering robust technology and instant online support.
BOOK 2: Road to Leadership! Welcome to one of the most exciting journeys! We invite you to join our Leadership Team, and learn how to build a stable business and advance to the next level of Leadership.
BOOK 3: Become a Leader! The road to leadership is an exciting journey and one never traveled alone. You will learn what it means to be a Leader and why so many Consultants have chosen to build and lead a team.
Time: 6:00PM PT / 7:00PM MT / 8:00PM CT / 9:00PM ET
For participants: Dial (605) 468-8002
Enter Access Code – 956270#
If you do not like what your business is doing for you, then change how you are working in your business. You are in control of the outcome. Challenge yourself to talk to two (2) new people everyday. This will breathe new life into your business.
If you need to update your email address, please contact the Experience Team, so we can ensure that you will still receive future communications from us.
For additional information, please email email@example.com.